A History of Principle and Fairness
Tailor-Made Building Services was founded in 2011 by Ray Somerville after years of working for Darwin construction companies. He found that the professional service of building had been turned into a money-orientated venture and away from the core principles of quality and fairness. A direction that Ray Somerville believed should not continue, he began Tailor-made Building Services in order to offer a true customer-centred service.
A Professional & Customer-Centric Approach
Since its inception, Tailor-Made Building Services has enacted these traditional building principles to provide the client with an open and honest service. To date these principles have forged a reputation for Tailor-made Building Services as a reliable and trustworthy company who works in the best interest of their client and subcontractors.
Joined in 2012 by David Page, Tailor-Made Building Services forged a partnership dedicated to traditional work principles. Ray and David are the core of TMBS and their combined qualities cover all aspects of the construction industry. With us, we have a trusted and reliable team of subcontractors for a lot of our projects and highly recommend the quality that they deliver. It is with this combined teamwork that allows Tailor-Made Building Services to deliver superb quality to our clients, from design to delivery.
An Unrestricted Licensed Builder (NT 131205 CU) and Architectural Design Draftsman, Ray combines these skills with a professional career in the building industry that spans over 30 years and across four states of Australia.
With twelve years as a trade carpenter in residential and commercial construction in Darwin and Perth, David has the advantages of two years experience as an Estimator and Scheduler in Perth and Darwin. In addition, his work as a Project Estimator and Contracts Administration for Allbuilt Constructions for 3 years led him to working hand in hand with Ray Somerville in all facets of design and construction contract works.
As project managers or a full-service construction service we have led the completed the following contracts. For a selection of recommendations as to the quality of the work we have achieved here, please see our testimonials page for details.
- Cummins South Pacific – New Darwin Facility - Project Management & Internal Fit Out
- MMC Australia - Design & Construct – New Workshop Facilities at Mendis Road & Marjorie Street
- Joondanna Investments – Asti Motel Dilapidation Reports, Building Works & Project Management
- Nightcliff Electrical – Electrical, Fire and Water Upgrades to Government Housing Developments
- BGC Cement – Darwin Facility Certification Upgrades and Compliance
- Wyuna Cold Stores – Project Superintendent for the Badge Contract – Rebuild Fire Damaged Building
- East Arm Civil – Project Management works - INPEX Gas Facility Blayden Point
- Supagas - Design & Construct - New Darwin Facility
- Wyuna Cold Stores – Dry Store Chiller Freezer Conversion, Pruen Road Offices, Bidvest Chiller Extension
- Veolia - Various upgrade works to existing Darwin Facility for EPA Compliance
- Forklift Solutions – New Workshop / Storage Facility and Display yard
- Arafura Homes - Project Management & Construction of 7 New homes In Muirhead "Breezes" Estate
- Swan Crescent – New Two Story Office Block
- Southern Steel - Design & Construct - New Darwin Office and Distribution Centre
- Vopak Oil & Gas – Covered Areas within Active Fuel Supply Depot including various upgrades
- Fedility Fund - Dreier Street completion of residential premises for the Fedility Fund